
I have decided to post about a book series that over the last few years has become my favorite series. The series is called The Rangers Apprentice. This book is middle aged themed mixed with just a bit of fantasy. Here is a brief summary obtained from http://www.rangersapprentice.com/
Meet fifteen year old Will, a foundling who is convinced that his father died a mighty, warrior in battle. As choosing day commences, when young men and women become forever bound to a vocation, he hopes against hope to honor his father's legacy and be selected for battle school training. Instead, he's inducted into the ranks of the mysterious Ranger Corps. At first a reluctant recruit, Will gradually becomes drawn to the skills and secret ways of the Rangers.
They have always scared him in the past, the Rangers, with their dark cloaks and shadowy ways, The villagers believe the Rangers practice magic that makes them invisible to ordinary people. And now 15-year-old Will, always small for his age, has been chosen as a Ranger's apprentice. What he doesn't yet realize is that Rangers are the protectors of the kingdom. Highly trained in the skills of battle and surveillance, they fight the battles before the battles reach the people. And as Will is about to learn, there is a large battle brewing. The exiled Morgarath, Lord of the Mountains of Rain and Night, is gathering his forces for an attack on the kingdom.
I am positive you will enjoy this series. It is amazing in that it has you on the edge of your seat the whole time. Sometimes the suspense is too much and you will be forced to put the book down and take a break. Good luck. I will preview each of the other books in the series soon.
2 comments:
I think this is a great way to tell your students about the great books you're reading. I like the shelfarri as well. I've placed it on my blog and placed my favorite books on shelf. I bet you get a lot of comments and visits from your students regarding the books you are reading. Your blog seems like a great way to keep your students and colleagues informed about what you're reading. I like young adult literature as well. I teach English so I try to stay current with what my students are excited about reading.
Thanks for the comments. You are right, I do get a lot of comments from my students. They key is finding the time to read and then post on here so the students have something to comment on. I am going to start doing it much more. A couple of years ago when I started this, the students posted many times a day. It was a lot of fun. I can't wait to start doing this more so I can keep them involved with reading.
Post a Comment